The 4th edition of this popular Handbook continues to provide an easy-to-use guide to the many exciting new developments in the field of optical fiber data communications. With 90% new content, this edition contains all new material describing the transformation of the modern data communications network, both within the data center and over extended distances between data centers, along with best practices for the design of highly virtualized, converged, energy efficient, secure, and flattened network infrastructures.
Key topics include networks for cloud computing, software defined networking, integrated and embedded networking appliances, and low latency networks for financial trading or other time-sensitive applications. Network architectures from the leading vendors are outlined (including Smart Analytic Solutions, Qfabric, FabricPath, and Exadata) as well as the latest revisions to industry standards for interoperable networks, including lossless Ethernet, 16G Fiber Channel, RoCE, FCoE, TRILL, IEEE 802.1Qbg, and more.
- Written by experts from IBM, HP, Dell, Cisco, Ciena, and Sun/ Oracle
- Case studies and ‘How to...’ demonstrations on a wide range of topics, including Optical Ethernet, next generation Internet, RDMA and Fiber Channel over Ethernet
- Quick reference tables of all the key optical network parameters for protocols like ESCON, FICON, and SONET/ATM and a glossary of technical terms and acronyms
- ISBN: 9780124016958 |
- Hardcover: 468 pages |
- Publisher: Elsevier Science |
- Publication date: Aug 9, 2013 |
- Language: English |
- Format: Ebook