The first part of the book explores a range of coating types and their biomedical applications. Chapters look at hydrophilic, mineral and pyrolytic carbon coatings in and ex vivo orthopaedic applications and finally at surface modification and preparation techniques. Part two presents case studies of orthopaedic and ophthalmic coatings, and biomedical applications including vascular stents, cardiopulomonary by-pass equipment and ventricular assist devices.
With its clear structure and comprehensive review of research, Coatings for biomedical applications is a valuable resource to researchers, scientists and engineers in the biomedical industry. It will also benefit anyone studying or working within the biomedical sector, particularly those specialising in biomedical coatings.
- Provides an extensive review of coating types and surface modifications for biomedical applications
- Chapters look at hydrophilic coatings for biomedical applications in and ex vivo, mineral coatings for orthopaedic applications, pyrolytic carbon coating and other commonly-used biomedical coatings
- Presents case studies of orthopaedic and ophthalmic coatings, and biomedical applications including vascular stents, cardiopulomonary by-pass equipment and ventricular assist devices
- ISBN: 9780857093677 |
- Hardcover: 376 pages |
- Publisher: Elsevier Science |
- Publication date: Feb 22, 2012 |
- Language: English |
- Format: Ebook