Part one addresses the different factors that affect textile durability, including the influence of fabric construction and fibre type, as well as properties affecting strength and dimensional stability. Colour fastness and the effects of light are discussed, along with methods for testing and improving wrinkle-resistance and textile durability. Part two goes on to explore the durability of particular types of textile including antimicrobial textiles, protective clothing, historic textiles, silk and geotextiles.
With its distinguished editor and international team of expert contributors, Understanding and improving the durability of textiles is an indispensable book for textile scientists, technologists, engineers and those designing, testing and manufacturing textiles. It also provides a comprehensive guide to textile durability for researchers and academics of all levels in this sector.
- Provides a comprehensive guide to the factors affecting the durability of a range of different textiles
- Discusses colour fastness and the effects of light, and methods for testing and improving wrinkle-resistance and textile durability
- Explores the durability of particular types of textile
- ISBN: 9780857097644 |
- Hardcover: 296 pages |
- Publisher: Elsevier Science |
- Publication date: Sep 11, 2012 |
- Language: English |
- Format: Ebook