The Moderator's Survival Guide is your indispensable resource for navigating the rocky shoals of your one-on-one user research sessions. Inside, you’ll find guidance for nearly 100 diverse situations (ranging from business-as-usual to tricky and sticky) that might occur during usability studies, contextual inquiries, or user interviews.
As a moderator, you are responsible for the well-being of the participant, your study, and your organization. You must be prepared for anything that may happen, from your technology failing to the participant quailing. Use this guide to identify your best next steps, react appropriately, and survive any challenges that comes your way.
- Practical, field-tested, and actionable tips for what to do and say—and what NOT to do or say—in each situation.
- Key patterns and extensive examples to sharpen your approach to the commonplace and prepare you for the unlikely.
- Illustrative "survival stories" contributed by numerous professionals on the front lines of user research.
- ISBN: 9780124047143 |
- Hardcover: 364 pages |
- Publisher: Elsevier Science |
- Publication date: Sep 25, 2013 |
- Language: English |
- Format: Ebook