Mixed media or mystery?
There's a secret to understanding the mystery behind the hidden message in a work of mixed-media art. As Seth Apter knows, if you can get to know the artist, you will get to know the art. The Mixed Media Artist unlocks this mystery and provides an intimate look into the hearts, souls and creative processes of over 40 inspiring artists. Surprising self-portraits, innermost self-reflections and practical art-making tutorials are just some of the keys you'll find here to unlocking the door to a greater understanding of how and why art is made.
- Helpful how-tos: Throughout each section, artists share favorite tools, secret ingredients and step-by-step processes that go beyond the who to provide the how.
- 44 artists share creative perspectives and intimate thoughts: Provocative questions are answered not only in words, but multiple times as art, spotlighting the forces that make the art and the artists what and who they are.
- Compelling poll data: Answers collected from thousands of individuals reveal statistical insights on the creative community at large.
- Additional online content: Links to downloads, tutorials, videos and more are sprinkled throughout the book.
- ISBN: 9781440329395 |
- Hardcover: 144 pages |
- Publisher: F+W Media |
- Publication date: Oct 18, 2013 |
- Language: English |
- Format: Ebook