The Linguistic Cerebellum provides a comprehensive analysis of this unique part of the brain that has the most number of neurons, each operating in distinct networks to perform diverse functions.
This book outlines how those distinct networks operate in relation to non-motor language skills. Coverage includes cerebellar anatomy and function in relation to speech perception, speech planning, verbal fluency, grammar processing, and reading and writing, along with a discussion of language disorders.
- Discusses the neurobiology of cerebellar language functions, encompassing both normal language function and language disorders
- Includes speech perception, processing, and planning
- Contains cerebellar function in reading and writing
- Explores how language networks give insight to function elsewhere in the brain
- ISBN: 9780128017852 |
- Hardcover: 444 pages |
- Publisher: Elsevier Science |
- Publication date: Sep 7, 2015 |
- Language: English |
- Format: Ebook