As part of the Syngress Basics series, The Basics of Cloud Computing provides readers with an overview of the cloud and how to implement cloud computing in their organizations. Cloud computing continues to grow in popularity, and while many people hear the term and use it in conversation, many are confused by it or unaware of what it really means. This book helps readers understand what the cloud is and how to work with it, even if it isn’t a part of their day-to-day responsibility.
Authors Derrick Rountree and Ileana Castrillo explains the concepts of cloud computing in practical terms, helping readers understand how to leverage cloud services and provide value to their businesses through moving information to the cloud. The book will be presented as an introduction to the cloud, and reference will be made in the introduction to other Syngress cloud titles for readers who want to delve more deeply into the topic.
This book gives readers a conceptual understanding and a framework for moving forward with cloud computing, as opposed to competing and related titles, which seek to be comprehensive guides to the cloud.
- Provides a sound understanding of the cloud and how it works
- Describes both cloud deployment models and cloud services models, so you can make the best decisions for deployment
- Presents tips for selecting the best cloud services providers
- ISBN: 9780124055216 |
- Hardcover: 172 pages |
- Publisher: Elsevier Science |
- Publication date: Sep 3, 2013 |
- Language: English |
- Format: Ebook