Proteomic Profiling and Analytical Chemistry: The Crossroads, Second Edition helps scientists without a strong background in analytical chemistry to understand principles of the multistep proteomic experiment necessary for its successful completion. It also helps researchers who do have an analytical chemistry background to break into the proteomics field. Highlighting points of junction between proteomics and analytical chemistry, this resource links experimental design with analytical measurements, data analysis, and quality control. This targeted point of view will help both biologists and chemists to better understand all components of a complex proteomic study.
The book provides detailed coverage of experimental aspects such as sample preparation, protein extraction and precipitation, gel electrophoresis, microarrays, dynamics of fluorescent dyes, and more. The key feature of this book is a direct link between multistep proteomic strategy and quality control routinely applied in analytical chemistry. This second edition features a new chapter on SWATH-MS, substantial updates to all chapters, including proteomic database search and analytical quantification, expanded discussion of post-hoc statistical tests, and additional content on validation in proteomics.
- Covers the analytical consequences of protein and peptide modifications that may have a profound effect on how and what researchers actually measure
- Includes practical examples illustrating the importance of problems in quantitation and validation of biomarkers
- Helps in designing and executing proteomic experiments with sound analytics
- ISBN: 9780444636904 |
- Hardcover: 298 pages |
- Publisher: Elsevier Science |
- Publication date: Mar 2, 2016 |
- Language: English |
- Format: Ebook