At two, she only wears dresses because she's a princess like the ones on TV. At six, she wants the trendiest, scantily clad doll because all her friends have it. At eight, she's begging for makeup because she wants to be pretty like the teen superstars.
Your daughter has every opportunity to be independent and confident--if only you could help her tune out the rest of the world! But can you really deny your little girl dresses, cartoons, and friends until she is out of danger?
Child and adolescent psychologist Dr. Jennifer L. Hartstein has good news: you don't have to! Her unique program teaches you to curb the world's influence on your daughter--without making her live in a bubble. In this debut book, Dr. Hartstein teaches you to:
- Encourage your daughter to pursue her passion with industry and intelligence
- Establish high but realistic expectations of your daughter and her future
- Provide context for problematic influences--from the media to prissy peers
- Build a mutual trust that will withstand her adolescent growing pains
With this plan, you can bring balance, confidence, and self-sufficiency into your daughter's life without denying her a modern, vibrant childhood.
- ISBN: 9781440531835 |
- Hardcover: 256 pages |
- Publisher: F+W Media |
- Publication date: Nov 18, 2011 |
- Language: English |
- Format: Ebook