Polar Lipids is a valuable reference resource providing thorough and comprehensive coverage of different types of polar lipids known to lipid science and industry today. This book covers important applications and utilization of polar lipids, either in the area of food and nutrition, or health and disease.
Each chapter covers chemistry and chemical synthesis, biosynthesis and biological effects, functional and nutritional properties, applications, processing technologies, and future trends of a variety of polar lipids—including glycolipids, ether lipids, phenol lipids, serine phospholipids, omega-3 phospholipids, rice lecithin, palm lecithin, sunflower lecithin, sugar- and protein-based lipids, lysophospholipids,and more.
- Presents new and relatively unexplored polar lipids for researchers to consider to use in food and health applications
- Includes details on the chemistry and chemical synthesis, biosynthesis and biological effects, functional and nutritional properties, applications, and future trends of a variety of polar lipids
- Presents the latest analytical techniques for use in polar lipids research, including NMR and Supercritical Fluid Chromatography/Mass Spectrometry
- ISBN: 9781630670450 |
- Hardcover: 568 pages |
- Publisher: Elsevier Science |
- Publication date: Aug 13, 2015 |
- Language: English |
- Format: Ebook