What do you get when you cross a Mac with an iPad? OS X 10.9 Mavericks. Its 200 new features include Mac versions of iPad goodies like Maps, iBooks, and iTunes Radio—but not a single page of instructions. Fortunately, David Pogue is back, with the expertise and humor that have made this the #1 bestselling Mac book for over 11 years straight.
The important stuff you need to know:
- Big-ticket changes. Finder tabs. Finder tags. App Nap. iCloud Keychain. iTunes Radio. Maps. iBooks. Automatic app updating. If Apple wrote it, this book covers it.
- Nips and tucks. This book demystifies the hundreds of smaller enhancements, too, in all 50 programs that come with the Mac: Safari, Mail, Calendar, Notification Center,Messages, Time Machine…
- Shortcuts. Meet the tippiest, trickiest Mac book ever written. Undocumented surprises await on every page.
- Power users. Security, networking, build-your-own Services, file sharing with Windows, even Mac OS X’s Unix chassis—this one witty, expert guide makes it all crystal clear.
There’s something new on practically every page of this edition, and David Pogue brings his celebrated wit and expertise to every one of them.
- ISBN: 9781449372903 |
- Hardcover: 880 pages |
- Publisher: O'Reilly Media |
- Publication date: Dec 17, 2013 |
- Language: English |
- Format: Ebook