Murals transform an ordinary room into a room with a view. In this book, artist Corie Kline shows you how to take it one step further by incorporating furniture into your mural painting. Designs flow from wall to furniture, injecting the room with imagination and atmosphere.
Convert a kitchen cart into a flower stand, a bench into pond-side seating, a dresser into a lighthouse...or get inspired by any of the other ideas inside for transforming furniture pieces into functional works of art with coordinating background murals that really set the scene.
- 10 projects complete with acrylic color lists and photos showing every side of the completed furniture pieces
- Friendly step-by-step instructions for painting a variety of elementsfrom birdhouses and deer to sailboats and treesthat you can mix, match and spin-off to create your own original murals
- Fun ideas for using hardware, accent colors, custom lettering, and other details for truly personalized results
- Expert tips for rendering animals, landscapes and trompe l'oeil objects realistically with minimal effort
- ISBN: 9781440317309 |
- Hardcover: 144 pages |
- Publisher: F+W Media |
- Publication date: Apr 30, 2009 |
- Language: English |
- Format: Ebook