Modelling and Simulation of Reactive Flows presents information on modeling and how to numerically solve reactive flows. The book offers a distinctive approach that combines diffusion flames and geochemical flow problems, providing users with a comprehensive resource that bridges the gap for scientists, engineers, and the industry.
Specifically, the book looks at the basic concepts related to reaction rates, chemical kinetics, and the development of reduced kinetic mechanisms. It considers the most common methods used in practical situations, along with equations for reactive flows, and various techniques—including flamelet, ILDM, and Redim—for jet flames and plumes, with solutions for both.
In addition, the book includes techniques to accelerate the convergence of numerical simulation, and a discussion on the analysis of uncertainties with numerical results, making this a useful reference for anyone who is interested in both combustion in free flow and in porous media.
- Helps readers learn how to apply applications of numerical methods to simulate geochemical kinetics
- Presents methods on how to transform the transport equations in several coordinate systems
- Includes discussions of the basic concepts related to reaction rates, chemical kinetics, and the development of reduced kinetic mechanisms, including the most common methods used in practical situations
- Offers a distinctive approach that combines diffusion flames and geochemical flow problems
- ISBN: 9780128029916 |
- Hardcover: 212 pages |
- Publisher: Elsevier Science |
- Publication date: Jul 10, 2015 |
- Language: English |
- Format: Ebook