The revised second edition of Measures and Metrics in Corporate Security is an indispensable guide to creating and managing a security metrics program. Authored by George Campbell, emeritus faculty of the Security Executive Council and former chief security officer of Fidelity Investments, this book shows how to improve security’s bottom line and add value to the business. It provides a variety of organizational measurements, concepts, metrics, indicators and other criteria that may be employed to structure measures and metrics program models appropriate to the reader’s specific operations and corporate sensitivities.
There are several hundred examples of security metrics included in Measures and Metrics in Corporate Security, which are organized into categories of security services to allow readers to customize metrics to meet their operational needs. Also supplied with the book (hosted on a companion website) are PowerPoint slide decks that can help practitioners build their metrics presentations and provide ideas about what can be measured.
Measures and Metrics in Corporate Security is a part of Elsevier’s Security Executive Council Risk Management Portfolio, a collection of real world solutions and "how-to" guidelines that equip executives, practitioners, and educators with proven information for successful security and risk management programs.
- Describes the basic components of a metrics program, as well as the business context for metrics
- Provides guidelines to help security managers leverage the volumes of data their security operations already create
- Identifies the metrics security executives have found tend to best serve security’s unique (and often misunderstood) missions
- Includes 375 real examples of security metrics across 13 categories
- ISBN: 9780128007150 |
- Hardcover: 176 pages |
- Publisher: Elsevier Science |
- Publication date: Apr 2, 2014 |
- Language: English |
- Format: Ebook