Master the art of presenting information visually using Microsoft Visio Professional 2016 and Visio Pro for Office365
About This Book
- A complete guide to data visualization with Microsoft Visio Professional 2016
- Visualize information to meet the needs of your business
- Get the quick way to learn Microsoft Visio 2016
Who This Book Is For
This book is aimed at the departmental-level business intelligence professional or Microsoft Office power-user who wants to create data diagrams with Microsoft Visio that can accurately represent business information visually.
What You Will Learn
- Add external data from a variety of data sources
- Represent information with data graphics
- Create custom data-like shapes
- Export data from structured diagrams
- Present information graphics to non-Visio users
- Automate visualizations from data
- Develop custom templates and code for others
Microsoft Visio Professional is a data visualization application that is used by many different market sectors and many different departments to represent information visually, from network infrastructure to organization charts, from process diagrams to office layouts.
Starting off with a brief introduction to Visio Professional 2016 and then moving on to data storage, linking data to shapes, and working with SQL Server to create a solid foundation. Then we'll cover topics such as refreshing data, working with geographical data, working with various graphics, and diagrams, and more. Finally, you'll find out how to deploy custom stencils, templates, and code.
Style and approach
This book has real life examples that will let you explore all the new features of Microsoft Visio 2016 and apply them in your daily life.
- ISBN: 9781785882821 |
- Hardcover: 334 pages |
- Publisher: Packt Publishing |
- Publication date: May 27, 2016 |
- Language: English |
- Format: Ebook