Want to turn your mobile device into a musical instrument? Or equip your game with interactive audio, rather than canned samples? You can do it with Pure Data (Pd), an open source visual programming environment that lets you manipulate digital audio in real time. This concise book shows you how to use Pd—with help from the libpd library—as an easily embeddable and widely portable sound engine.
Whether you’re an audio developer looking to create musical apps with sophisticated audio capabilities, or an application developer ready to enhance mobile games with real-time procedural audio, Making Musical Apps introduces you to Pd and libpd, and provides hands-on instructions for creating musical apps for Android and iOS.
- Get a crash course in Pd, and discover how to generate and control sounds
- Learn how to create and deploy algorithmic compositions that react to a user’s activity and environment
- Use Java or Objective-C to integrate Pd and libpd into mobile apps
- Learn the steps necessary to build libpd-based apps for Android and iOS
- ISBN: 9781449331399 |
- Hardcover: 124 pages |
- Publisher: O'Reilly Media |
- Publication date: Feb 17, 2012 |
- Language: English |
- Format: Ebook