Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Hawaii is your passport to all the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Learn to surf or lie in the sun on a sugary tropical beach, hike across ancient lava flows and up craggy peaks, or curve down Maui's lushest coast on the Road to Hana; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Hawaii and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet's Hawaii Travel Guide:
- Full-color maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries show you the simplest way to tailor your trip to your own personal needs and interests
- Insider tips save you time and money, and help you get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - including hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, and prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - including eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, and hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer and more rewarding travel experience - including history, politics, arts & crafts, cuisine, landscapes, wildlife, and island customs
- Free, convenient pull-out sheet-map (included in print version), plus over 83 color maps
- Useful features - including Outdoor Activities Travel with Children, Month by Month (annual festival calendar), Scenic Itineraries
- Coverage of Oahu, Honolulu, Waikiki, Kailua, Hawaii the Big Island, Kailua-Kona, Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, Maui, Lahaina, Road to Hana, Lanai, Molokai, Niihau, Kauai, Na Pali Coast, and more
eBook Features: (Best viewed on tablet devices)
- Zoom-in maps and images bring it all up close and in greater detail
- Downloadable PDF and offline maps let you stay offline to avoid roaming and data charges
- Seamlessly flip between pages
- Easily navigate and jump effortlessly between maps and reviews
- Speedy search capabilities get you to what you need and want to see
- Use bookmarks to help you shoot back to key pages in a flash
- Visit the websites of our recommendations by touching embedded links
- Adding notes with the tap of a finger offers a way to personalize your guidebook experience
- Inbuilt dictionary to translate unfamiliar languages and decode site-specific local terms
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Hawaii, our most comprehensive guide to Hawaii, is perfect for those planning to both explore the top sights and take the road less traveled.
- Looking for a guide focused on only one or a few islands in this destination? Check outLonely Planet's Discover Hawaii the Big Island, Discover Kauai, Discover Maui, and Discover Honolulu, Waikiki & Oahu, photo-rich guides to the islands' most popular attractions.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, Sara Benson, Amy C Balfour, Adam Karlin, Adam Skolnick, Paul Stiles, Ryan Ver Berkmoes
About Lonely Planet: Started in 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel guide publisher with guidebooks to every destination on the planet, as well as an award-winning website, a suite of mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveler community. Lonely Planet's mission is to enable curious travelers to experience the world and to truly get to the heart of the places they find themselves in.
- ISBN: 9781743217887 |
- Publisher: Lonely Planet Publications |
- Publication date: Aug 1, 2013 |
- Language: English |
- Format: Ebook