Handbook of Materials Failure Analysis: With Case Studies from the Oil and Gas Industry provides an updated understanding on why materials fail in specific situations, a vital element in developing and engineering new alternatives.
This handbook covers analysis of materials failure in the oil and gas industry, where a single failed pipe can result in devastating consequences for people, wildlife, the environment, and the economy of a region.
The book combines introductory sections on failure analysis with numerous real world case studies of pipelines and other types of materials failure in the oil and gas industry, including joint failure, leakage in crude oil storage tanks, failure of glass fibre reinforced epoxy pipes, and failure of stainless steel components in offshore platforms, amongst others.
- Introduces readers to modern analytical techniques in materials failure analysis
- Combines foundational knowledge with current research on the latest developments and innovations in the field
- Includes numerous compelling case studies of materials failure in oil and gas pipelines and drilling platforms
- ISBN: 9780081001264 |
- Hardcover: 448 pages |
- Publisher: Elsevier Science |
- Publication date: Sep 1, 2015 |
- Language: English |
- Format: Ebook