If you don't know about the new features available in HTML5, now's the time to find out. This book provides practical information about how and why the latest version of this markup language will significantly change the way you develop for the Web.
HTML5 is still evolving, yet browsers such as Safari, Mozilla, Opera, and Chrome already support many of its features -- and mobile browsers are even farther ahead. HTML5: Up & Running carefully guides you though the important changes in this version with lots of hands-on examples, including markup, graphics, and screenshots. You'll learn how to use HTML5 markup to add video, offline capabilities, and more -- and you’ll be able to put that functionality to work right away.
- Learn new semantic elements, such as
- Embed video in your web pages without third-party plugins
- Use Geolocation to let web application visitors share their physical location
- Take advantage of local storage capacity that goes way beyond cookies
- Build offline web applications that work after network access is disconnected
- Learn about several new input types for web forms
- Create your own custom vocabularies in HTML5 with microdata
- ISBN: 9781449399665 |
- Hardcover: 222 pages |
- Publisher: O'Reilly Media |
- Publication date: Aug 6, 2010 |
- Language: English |
- Format: Ebook