Geology of the China Seas represents the first English-language synthesis of the available research into the geology of the South and East China Seas. Among the marginal basins worldwide, these areas have been the focus of extensive research activities in the last three decades, and are now among the global hot spots in hydrocarbon explorations and scientific investigations. The region is experiencing rapid economic development with the offshore petroleum industry providing approximately one third of the domestic hydrocarbon production for mainland China. Gas hydrates have been successfully recovered from the China Seas for the first time.
Over the years, many volumes on the geology of the China Seas have been published in Chinese. Although an increasing number of papers in English have appeared recently, the majority deal with local or regional paleo-environment and sedimentology, and are scattered in different journals. This book brings together this rich data in one resource, particularly that generated by Chinese marine geologists and petroleum geologists, and provides the very first synthesis of the geology off China.
- The first systematic summary of the geology of the China Seas
- Includes comprehensive coverage of the South China Sea and the East China Sea, including the Yellow Sea and Bohai Gulf
- Reviews hundreds of Chinese publications on marine and petroleum geology not currently accessible to the international community
- ISBN: 9780444593948 |
- Hardcover: 702 pages |
- Publisher: Elsevier Science |
- Publication date: Jun 7, 2014 |
- Language: English |
- Format: Ebook