Cellular and Molecular Pathobiology of Cardiovascular Disease focuses on the pathophysiology of common cardiovascular disease in the context of its underlying mechanisms and molecular biology. This book has been developed from the editors' experiences teaching an advanced cardiovascular pathology course for PhD trainees in the biomedical sciences, and trainees in cardiology, pathology, public health, and veterinary medicine. No other single text-reference combines clinical cardiology and cardiovascular pathology with enough molecular content for graduate students in both biomedical research and clinical departments.
The text is complemented and supported by a rich variety of photomicrographs, diagrams of molecular relationships, and tables. It is uniquely useful to a wide audience of graduate students and post-doctoral fellows in areas from pathology to physiology, genetics, pharmacology, and more, as well as medical residents in pathology, laboratory medicine, internal medicine, cardiovascular surgery, and cardiology.
- Explains how to identify cardiovascular pathologies and compare with normal physiology to aid research
- Gives concise explanations of key issues and background reading suggestions
- Covers molecular bases of diseases for better understanding of molecular events that precede or accompany the development of pathology
- ISBN: 9780124055254 |
- Hardcover: 338 pages |
- Publisher: Elsevier Science |
- Publication date: Dec 23, 2013 |
- Language: English |
- Format: Ebook