Written by leading optical phase microscopy experts, this book is a comprehensive reference to phase microscopy and nanoscopy techniques for biomedical applications, including differential interference contrast (DIC) microscopy, phase contrast microscopy, digital holographic microscopy, optical coherence tomography, tomographic phase microscopy, spectral-domain phase detection, and nanoparticle usage for phase nanoscopy
The Editors show biomedical and optical engineers how to use phase microscopy for visualizing unstained specimens, and support the theoretical coverage with applied content and examples on designing systems and interpreting results in bio- and nanoscience applications.
- Provides a comprehensive overview of the principles and techniques of optical phase microscopy and nanoscopy with biomedical applications.
- Tips/advice on building systems and working with advanced imaging biomedical techniques, including interpretation of phase images, and techniques for quantitative analysis based on phase microscopy.
- Interdisciplinary approach that combines optical engineering, nanotechnology, biology and medical aspects of this topic. Each chapter includes practical implementations and worked examples.
- ISBN: 9780124158863 |
- Hardcover: 432 pages |
- Publisher: Elsevier Science |
- Publication date: Dec 31, 2012 |
- Language: English |
- Format: Ebook