Background Screening and Investigations describes all aspects of the employment background screening processes - its history and evolution, the imperative for implementing a screening process, and the creation of a comprehensive policy. Nixon and Kerr show how security and human resources professionals can work together to negotiate legal hurdles and make their background screening process successful.
* Where do HR and security perspectives differ on hot topics like hiring convicted felons, data protection, and sexual predators?
* What does state law allow when screening job candidates?
* How should companies deal with emerging issues like international background investigations and continuous (Infinity) screening of current employees?
- ISBN: 9780080569178 |
- Hardcover: 352 pages |
- Publisher: Elsevier Science |
- Publication date: Aug 30, 2011 |
- Language: English |
- Format: Ebook