This book is listed in:
- Technology & Engineering ( 4,612 )
Beginning with a comprehensive introduction to advanced materials for vehicle lightweighting and automotive applications, Advanced materials in automotive engineering goes on to consider nanostructured steel for automotive body structures, aluminium sheet and high pressure die-cast aluminium alloys for automotive applications, magnesium alloys for lightweight powertrains and automotive bodies, and polymer and composite moulding technologies. The final chapters then consider a range of design and manufacturing issues that need to be addressed when working with advanced materials, including the design of advanced automotive body structures and closures, technologies for reducing noise, vibration and harshness, joining systems, and the recycling of automotive materials.
With its distinguished editor and international team of contributors, Advanced materials in automotive engineering is an invaluable guide for all those involved in the engineering, design or analysis of motor vehicle bodies and components, as well as all students of automotive design and engineering.
- Explores the development, potential and impact of using advanced materials for improved fuel economy, enhanced safety and effective mission control in the automotive industry
- Provides a comprehensive introduction to advanced materials for vehicle lightweighting and automotive applications
- Covers a range of design ideas and manufacturing issues that arise when working with advanced materials, including technologies for reducing noise, vibration and harshness, and the recycling of automotive materials
- ISBN: 9780857095466 |
- Hardcover: 352 pages |
- Publisher: Elsevier Science |
- Publication date: Feb 21, 2012 |
- Language: English |
- Format: Ebook