While there are many approaches to painting abstract art, Jodi Ohl's philosophy is to simply start. In this book, the successful, self-taught artist helps you "dive in with an open mind and fearless heart." Everything inside is geared toward kick-starting your creativity:
- An exciting series of 22 fun-to-follow, step-by-step projects.
- A tantalizing variety of approaches and inspirations for applying and manipulating paint, crayons, pencils, ink, paper, photos and more.
- Quick and loose exercises for building a library of ideas, color palettes, patterns and designs to use in future paintings.
- Loads of practical advice, including how to stock your studio without going broke, the five must-haves mediums, and how to finish and protect your artwork.
Every action-packed page will have you trying something new and pushing your boundaries!
Make marbled acrylic skins * Add a stain * Discover instant gratification with Yupo paper * Achieve the wonderfully aged look of image transfers * Play with graffiti-style art * Experiment with gel mediums * Incorporate non-commercial add-ins like eggshells and netting * Create incredible abstract landscapes and cityscapes * And so much more!
- ISBN: 9781440346569 |
- Hardcover: 144 pages |
- Publisher: F+W Media |
- Publication date: Dec 26, 2016 |
- Language: English |
- Format: Ebook