Combine the power of Bootstrap 4 and Angular 2 to build cutting-edge web apps that truly stand out from the crowd
About This Book
- Updated for the latest releases of Angular and Bootstrap, this book shows you how to build web applications with cutting-edge web technologies
- Combine the best of both worlds to build single page apps with elegant user interfaces
- Build, develop, and customize your application using Angular and Bootstrap
- Packed with tips to help you avoid potential stumbling blocks while developing
Who This Book Is For
What You Will Learn
- Develop Angular 2 single page applications using an ecosystem of helper tools
- Get familiar with Bootstrap's new grid and helper classes
- Embrace TypeScript and ECMAScript 2015 to write more maintainable code
- Use custom directives for Bootstrap 4 with the ng2-bootstrap library
- Understand the component-oriented structure of Angular 2 and its router
- Make use of the built-in HTTP library to work with API endpoints
- Use observables and streams to manage the app's data and state
- Combine Angular 2 and Bootstrap 4 along with Firebase in the development of a solid example
Two of the most popular frontend frameworks, Angular and Bootstrap, have undergone a major overhaul to embrace emerging web technologies so that developers can build cutting-edge web applications.
Inside this title you'll dive, fingers first, into the basics of both the tools, and once you're familiar with them, you'll move onto Bootstrap's new grid system and Angular's built-in directives. You'll then learn how to format output using Angular's pipes and how to make use of the built-in router to set up routes for all your components.
Webpack will be your buddy to wrap up your project. Then, after throwing in some SASS to make things pretty, you'll learn how to validate the forms you've built and debug your application. Finally, you'll go on to learn how to obtain smooth transitioning from Bootstrap to Angular and then how to hook up with a server and use Firebase as the persistence layer.
Once you're done with this book, you'll not only have a lovely little e-commerce application running, but you'll also take with you the confidence to innovate and build your own applications with ease.
Style and approach
This practical, step-by-step guide shows you how to think in terms of components and modules and build web apps with Angular and Bootstrap. Starting with building a foundation in Angular and Bootstrap, the book shows you how to combine the two frameworks to build apps that have a strong architecture (Angular) and a clear UI (Bootstrap).
- ISBN: 9781785885921 |
- Hardcover: 404 pages |
- Publisher: Packt Publishing |
- Publication date: Nov 29, 2016 |
- Language: English |
- Format: Ebook