The ancient philosophy of wabi-sabi honors the imperfect, the transitory and the humble. Cold wax is a perfect vehicle for artists wishing to explore this aesthetic. In this guide, you'll learn how to use this incredibly malleable medium--in combination with oil paint and other mediums--to add layers of texture, atmosphere, depth and meaning to your paintings while developing a more intuitive artistic voice.
No matter what your experience level, learning to paint with cold wax will help you approach your work with confidence and a sense of adventure. You will learn a liberating process of texturing, layering, building up and scraping back to create a fascinating "history of surface." Each piece will be the result of elements converging in a one-time-only way, resulting in fiercely original abstract paintings honoring your own process of self discovery.
Learn Everything You Need to Know to Create With Cold Wax!
- 29 step-by-step demonstrations cover various techniques for working with oil paint and cold wax medium.
- Explore dozens of mark-making techniques with a variety of tools, most of which can be found in your kitchen or junk drawer.
- Excavate using various approaches for incising, exposing and scraping away layers.
- Get inspired as 12 additional artists share their creative processes.
- ISBN: 9781440340611 |
- Hardcover: 144 pages |
- Publisher: F+W Media |
- Publication date: Jul 22, 2015 |
- Language: English |
- Format: Ebook