Learn how to virtualize your network and discover the full potential of a Software Defined Data Center. A smarter way to use network resources begins here
About This Book
- Experience the dynamism and flexibility of a virtualized software defined data center with NSX
- Find out how to design your network infrastructure based on what your organization needs
- From security to automation, discover how NSX's impressive range of features can unlock a more effective and intelligent approach to system administration
Who This Book Is For
If you're a network administrator and want a simple but powerful solution to your network virtualization headaches, look no further than this fast-paced, practical guide.
What You Will Learn
- Deep dive into NSX-v Manager, Controller deployment, and design decisions
- Get to know the strategies needed to make decisions on each mode of VXLAN that is based on physical network design
- Deploy Edge Gateway and leverage all the gateway features and design decisions
- Get to grips with NSX-v Security features and automate security
- Leverage Cross VC, identify the benefits, and work through a few deployment scenarios
- Troubleshoot an NSX-v to isolate problems and identify solutions through a step-by-step process
VMware NSX is at the forefront of the software-defined networking revolution. It makes it even easier for organizations to unlock the full benefits of a software-defined data center – scalability, flexibility – while adding in vital security and automation features to keep any sysadmin happy. Software alone won't power your business – with NSX you can use it more effectively than ever before, optimizing your resources and reducing costs.
Getting started should be easy – this guide makes sure it is. It takes you through the core components of NSX, demonstrating how to set it up, customize it within your current network architecture. You'll learn the principles of effective design, as well as some things you may need to take into consideration when you're creating your virtual networks. We'll also show you how to construct and maintain virtual networks, and how to deal with any tricky situations and failures.
By the end, you'll be confident you can deliver, scale and secure an exemplary virtualized network with NSX.
Style and approach
This book provides you with an introduction to software-defined networking with VMware NSX. Focusing on the most essential elements, so you can put your knowledge into practice quickly, it's a guide dedicated to anyone who understands that sometimes real-world problems require virtualized solutions.
- ISBN: 9781782172949 |
- Hardcover: 274 pages |
- Publisher: Packt Publishing |
- Publication date: Sep 30, 2016 |
- Language: English |
- Format: Ebook