Just in time for Canada’s 150th birthday comes this collection of the best in Canadian questions and answers, covering history, famous Canadians, sports, word origins, geography, and everything in between. In these pages, you’ll learn the answers to questions like:
- Where did the word Canuck come from?
- How did an aristocratic French girl become a Canadian Robinson Crusoe?
- What famous explorer played hockey in the Arctic?
- Who was the first black woman elected to Canada’s Parliament?
- What unlikely team beat Canada for the gold medal for hockey in the 1936 Winter Olympics?
- How did the Halifax Explosion occur?
- ISBN: 9781459739444 |
- Hardcover: 208 pages |
- Publisher: Dundurn |
- Publication date: Jun 3, 2017 |
- Language: English |
- Format: Ebook