Take charge of SaltStack to automate and configure your enterprise-grade environments
About This Book
- Automate tasks effectively and take charge of your infrastructure
- Effectively scale Salt to manage thousands of machines and tackle everyday problems
- Explore Salt's inner workings and advance your knowledge of it
Who This Book Is For
This book is ideal for IT professionals and ops engineers who already manage groups of servers, but would like to expand their knowledge and gain expertise with SaltStack. This book explains the advanced features and concepts of Salt. A basic knowledge of Salt is required in order to get to grips with advanced Salt features.
What You Will Learn
- Automate tasks effectively, so that your infrastructure can run itself
- Start building more complex concepts
- Master user-level internals
- Build scaling strategies
- Explore monitoring strategies
- Learn how to troubleshoot Salt and its subcomponents
- Explore best practices for Salt
SaltStack is a powerful configuration management and automation suite designed to manage servers and tens of thousands of nodes. This book showcases Salt as a very powerful automation framework. We will review the fundamental concepts to get you in the right frame of mind, and then explore Salt in much greater depth. You will explore Salt SSH as a powerful tool and take Salt Cloud to the next level. Next, you'll master using Salt services with ease in your infrastructure. You will discover methods and strategies to scale your infrastructure properly. You will also learn how to use Salt as a powerful monitoring tool.
By the end of this book, you will have learned troubleshooting tips and best practices to make the entire process of using Salt pain-free and easy.
Style and approach
This book follows a step-by-step conversational tone. Topics are covered in detail through examples and a user-friendly approach.
- ISBN: 9781786467027 |
- Hardcover: 378 pages |
- Publisher: Packt Publishing |
- Publication date: Nov 25, 2016 |
- Language: English |
- Format: Ebook