Master the skills you need to build a rock-solid virtualization environment with the all new Proxmox 4
About This Book
- Formulate Proxmox-based solutions and set up virtual machines of any size while gaining expertise even on the most complex multi-cluster setups
- Master the skills needed to analyze, monitor, and troubleshoot real-world virtual environments
- This is the most up-to-date title on mastering Proxmox, with examples based on the new Linux Kernel 4.2 and Debian Jessie (8.x)
Who This Book Is For
The book targets Linux and system administrators and professionals working in IT teams who would like to design and implement an enterprise-quality virtualized environment using Proxmox.Knowledge of networking and virtualization concepts is assumed.
What You Will Learn
- Install the basic Proxmox VE nodes
- Get to know the Proxmox Graphical User Interface (GUI)
- See and understand Proxmox's internal structure and mechanics
- Create and manage KVM- or LXC-based virtual machines
- Understand advanced virtual networks
- Leverage the power of the built-in Proxmox firewall to provide protection at any level
- Configure high availability Proxmox nodes
- Learn different backup strategies and to restore a VM in the event of a disaster to ensure data safety
- Monitor a Proxmox cluster and all of its components using Zabbix
- Plan large virtual environments for mission critical virtual environments
- Work through real-world scenarios to troubleshoot Proxmox
Proxmox is an open source server virtualization solution that has enterprise-class features to manage virtual machines, to be used for storage, and to virtualize both Linux and Windows application workloads.
You begin with refresher on the advanced installation features and the Proxmox GUI to familiarize yourself with the Proxmox VE hypervisor. You then move on to explore Proxmox under the hood, focusing on the storage systems used with Proxmox. Moving on, you will learn to manage KVM Virtual Machines and Linux Containers and see how networking is handled in Proxmox. You will then learn how to protect a cluster or a VM with a firewall and explore the new HA features introduced in Proxmox VE 4 along with the brand new HA simulator.
Next, you will dive deeper into the backup/restore strategy followed by learning how to properly update and upgrade a Proxmox node. Later, you will learn how to monitor a Proxmox cluster and all of its components using Zabbix. By the end of the book, you will become an expert at making Proxmox environments work in production environments with minimum downtime.
Style and approach
This book walks you through every aspect of virtualization using Proxmox using a practical, scenario-based approach that features best practices and all the weaponry you need to succeed when building virtual environments with Proxmox 4.
- ISBN: 9781785889509 |
- Hardcover: 418 pages |
- Publisher: Packt Publishing |
- Publication date: May 27, 2016 |
- Language: English |
- Format: Ebook