It's THE book on manga from YouTube's most popular art instruction Guru!
There's more to manga than big, shiny eyes and funky hair. In these action-packed pages, graphic novelist Mark Crilley shows you step-by-step how to achieve an authentic manga stylefrom drawing faces and figures to laying out awesome, high-drama spreads. You'll learn how a few basic lines will help you place facial features in their proper locations and simple tricks for getting body proportions right. Plus, you'll find inspiration for infusing your work with expression, attitude and action.
This is the book fans have been requesting for years, packed with expert tips on everything from hairstyles and clothing to word bubbles and sound effects, delivered in the same friendly, easy-to-follow style that has made Mark Crilley one of the "25 Most Subscribed to Gurus on YouTube." Take this opportunity to turn the characters and stories in your head into professional-quality art on the page!
Packed with everything you need to make your first (or your best-ever) manga stories!
- 30 step-by-step demonstrations showing how to draw faces and figures for a variety of ages and body types
- Inspirational galleries featuring 101 eyes, 50 ways to draw hands, 40 hairstyles, 12 common expressions, 30 classic poses and more!
- Tutorials to create a variety of realistic settings
- Advanced lessons on backgrounds, inking, sequencing and layout options
- ISBN: 9781440324345 |
- Hardcover: 128 pages |
- Publisher: F+W Media |
- Publication date: Feb 8, 2012 |
- Language: English |
- Format: Ebook