Start empowering users and protecting corporate data, while managing Identities and Access with Microsoft Azure in different environments
About This Book
- Deep dive into the Microsoft Identity and Access Management as a Service (IDaaS) solution
- Design, implement and manage simple and complex hybrid identity and access management environments
- Learn to apply solution architectures directly to your business needs and understand how to identify and manage business drivers during transitions
Who This Book Is For
This book is for business decision makers, IT consultants, and system and security engineers who wish to plan, design, and implement Identity and Access Management solutions with Microsoft Azure.
What You Will Learn
- Apply technical descriptions and solution architectures directly to your business needs and deployments
- Identify and manage business drivers and architecture changes to transition between different scenarios
- Understand and configure all relevant Identity and Access Management key features and concepts
- Implement simple and complex directory integration, authentication, and authorization scenarios
- Get to know about modern identity management, authentication, and authorization protocols and standards
- Implement and configure a modern information protection solution
- Integrate and configure future improvements in authentication and authorization functionality of Windows 10 and Windows Server 2016
Microsoft Azure and its Identity and Access Management is at the heart of Microsoft's Software as a Service, including Office 365, Dynamics CRM, and Enterprise Mobility Management. It is an essential tool to master in order to effectively work with the Microsoft Cloud. Through practical, project based learning this book will impart that mastery.
Beginning with the basics of features and licenses, this book quickly moves on to the user and group lifecycle required to design roles and administrative units for role-based access control (RBAC). Learn to design Azure AD to be an identity provider and provide flexible and secure access to SaaS applications. Get to grips with how to configure and manage users, groups, roles, and administrative units to provide a user- and group-based application and self-service access including the audit functionality.
Next find out how to take advantage of managing common identities with the Microsoft Identity Manager 2016 and build cloud identities with the Azure AD Connect utility. Construct blueprints with different authentication scenarios including multi-factor authentication. Discover how to configure and manage the identity synchronization and federation environment along with multi -factor authentication, conditional access, and information protection scenarios to apply the required security functionality.
Finally, get recommendations for planning and implementing a future-oriented and sustainable identity and access management strategy.
Style and approach
A practical, project-based learning experience explained through hands-on examples.
- ISBN: 9781785887888 |
- Hardcover: 692 pages |
- Publisher: Packt Publishing |
- Publication date: Sep 30, 2016 |
- Language: English |
- Format: Ebook