Build and optimize efficient messaging applications with ease
About This Book
- Learn to administer, configure, and manage RabbitMQ instances
- Discover ways to secure and troubleshoot RabbitMQ instances
- This book is fully up-to-date with all the latest changes to version 3.5
Who This Book Is For
If you are a developer or system administrator with a basic knowledge of messaging who wants to learn RabbitMQ, or if you want to further enhance your knowledge in working with the message broker, then this book is ideal for you. To fully understand some examples in the book, a basic knowledge of the Java programming language is required.
What You Will Learn
- Apply messaging patterns using the message broker
- Administer RabbitMQ using the command line, management Web console, or management REST services
- Create a cluster of scalable, and highly-available, RabbitMQ instances
- Use RabbitMQ with the Spring Framework, MuleESB, WSO2, and Oracle databases
- Deploy RabbitMQ using Puppet, Vagrant, or Docker
- Fine-tune the performance of RabbitMQ
- Monitor RabbitMQ using Nagios, Munin, or Monit
- Secure, troubleshoot, and extend RabbitMQ
RabbitMQ is Open Source Message Queuing software based on the Advanced Message Queue Protocol Standard written in the Erlang Language. RabbitMQ is an ideal candidate for large-scale projects ranging from e-commerce and finance to Big Data and social networking because of its ease of use and high performance. Managing RabbitMQ in such a dynamic environment can be a challenging task that requires a good understanding not only of how to work properly with the message broker but also of its best practices and pitfalls.
Learning RabbitMQ starts with a concise description of messaging solutions and patterns, then moves on to concrete practical scenarios for publishing and subscribing to the broker along with basic administration. This knowledge is further expanded by exploring how to establish clustering and high availability at the level of the message broker and how to integrate RabbitMQ with a number of technologies such as Spring, and enterprise service bus solutions such as MuleESB and WSO2. We will look at advanced topics such as performance tuning, secure messaging, and the internals of RabbitMQ. Finally we will work through case-studies so that we can see RabbitMQ in action and, if something goes wrong, we'll learn to resolve it in the Troubleshooting section.
Style and approach
Each chapter of the book is an easy-to-follow guide that expands and builds on the knowledge already gained in previous chapters. Throughout the course of the book, a sample system called the CSN (Corporate Social Network) is used to illustrate the core principles described. At the end of each chapter, there is a Q&A session that covers practical questions that may arise in practice when working with RabbitMQ.
- ISBN: 9781783984572 |
- Hardcover: 262 pages |
- Publisher: Packt Publishing |
- Publication date: Dec 28, 2015 |
- Language: English |
- Format: Ebook