The new edition of this classic O’Reilly reference provides clear, detailed explanations of every feature in the C language and runtime library, including multithreading, type-generic macros, and library functions that are new in the 2011 C standard (C11). If you want to understand the effects of an unfamiliar function, and how the standard library requires it to behave, you’ll find it here, along with a typical example.
Ideal for experienced C and C++ programmers, this book also includes popular tools in the GNU software collection. You’ll learn how to build C programs with GNU Make, compile executable programs from C source code, and test and debug your programs with the GNU debugger.
In three sections, this authoritative book covers:
- C language concepts and language elements, with separate chapters on types, statements, pointers, memory management, I/O, and more
- The C standard library, including an overview of standard headers and a detailed function reference
- Basic C programming tools in the GNU software collection, with instructions on how use them with the Eclipse IDE
- ISBN: 9781491924181 |
- Hardcover: 824 pages |
- Publisher: O'Reilly Media |
- Publication date: Dec 10, 2015 |
- Language: English |
- Format: Ebook