This is a simple book, meant to make your life more peaceful, more rewarding, and more awakened. It has one purpose: to give readers an opportunity to be in the moment once a day, every day.
Being Present is:
- Paying full attention to what is going on right now
- Staying in the moment
- Observing what is, without criticism or judgment
- Balanced concern for things exactly as they are
- Accepting whatever experience we are having
- Having an awake participation in ongoing life
Longtime therapist and meditator David Kundtz gives you permission not to fret about whether you’re getting your meditation practice right or not. It’s right. The whole purpose of your meditation is to show up as awake and aware as possible to your everyday life. He reminds us that the reason to meditate is not simply to experience the peaceful moments of the meditation time, but also to maintain the focus, awareness, and equanimity that you need for getting through stressful situations. You become a more mindful person.
In Being Present, Kundtz guides us through the seasons of a year—and the seasons of a life—drawing inspiration from poets and scientists, spiritual teachers and children, butterflies and big cities. Each day is a surprise that helps readers to find their own moments in surprising ways.
- ISBN: 9781609259754 |
- Hardcover: 256 pages |
- Publisher: Red Wheel Weiser |
- Publication date: Nov 1, 2015 |
- Language: English |
- Format: Ebook