A simple way to provision and manage your Amazon Cloud infrastructure
About This Book
- Get started with AWS management for infrastructure engineers
- Explore techniques to set up and manage your private cloud using Ansible
- A practical guide to help you manage AWS-based applications and infrastructure using Ansible
Who This Book Is For
If you are an infrastructure engineer, system administrator, or Dev Ops engineer, this book is for you. You will find this book helpful if you have previous experience with Linux systems administration, including familiarity with the command line, file system, and text editing. Prior basic knowledge of Amazon Web Services and some experience with Ansible is assumed.
What You Will Learn
- Set up your own AWS account and get started with the AWS console
- Use Ansible Playbook to configure and launch EC2 instances
- Delve deeper into the AWS cloud infrastructure and create and manage VPC
- Provision Amazon Relational Database Service (RDS) with Ansible
- Manage files in an Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3) bucket using Ansible
- Extend Ansible's functionality in the AWS environment
- Use Ansible to provision ELB and Auto Scaling groups
- Manage IAM users, groups, roles, and keys
- See how to refine and chain together AWS tools using Ansible
Looking to get a simple and efficient way to manage your Amazon Cloud infrastructure? Ansible is exactly what you need. This book will show you how to use Ansible's cloud modules to easily provision and manage AWS resources including EC2, VPC, RDS, S3, ELB, ElastiCache, and Route 53. We'll take you beyond the basics of Ansible, showing you real-world examples of AWS infrastructure automation and management with detailed steps, complete code, and screen captures from the AWS console.
The example projects inside this title will help you grasp the process leading to full AWS automation. From a single WordPress site to a highly available and scalable WordPress site, we'll demonstrate the power of using Ansible to provision and automate AWS-based infrastructure deployment.
Style and approach
This hands-on guide will help you get acquainted with techniques to implement AWS for your private cloud.
- ISBN: 9781786468291 |
- Hardcover: 354 pages |
- Publisher: Packt Publishing |
- Publication date: Oct 26, 2016 |
- Language: English |
- Format: Ebook