The Best Cosplay Tutorial Guide Ever!
Get ready to impress ordinary mortals with your superhuman costume-making skills. You can do it no matter what your experience level with this, the first full step-by-step technique book on cosplay--with no sewing! Internationally known cosplayer Kamui Cosplay (a.k.a. Svetlana Quindt) shows you how to easily create elaborate costumes and successful props out of items available at your local arts and craft or hardware stores: turn foam into a realistic axe, create a breastplate from scratch and use a glue gun to modify just about anything. You will even learn the best and most accessible techniques for working with specialty cosplay materials such as Worbla!
Packed with more than 30 step-by-step demonstrations that teach the skills you need to bring all your favorite characters to life no matter the genre, Kamui Cosplay deconstructs the work that goes into making a complete costume, from the first thought to the final photo. Tutorials cover design planning, fabricating body armor, 3D painting techniques and more. Best of all, you can adapt every lesson to use in all future fandom projects spanning video games, books, anime, movies and even your own original characters!
- How to choose a costume and find good reference art
- A short shopping list of necessary materials and tools for beginning cosplayers
- Basic safety tips
- A beautiful photo gallery featuring inspiring images from other cosplayers
- Next steps--how to grow your workshop, take professional photos, participate in contests and join the cosplay community
- ISBN: 9781440345258 |
- Hardcover: 128 pages |
- Publisher: F+W Media |
- Publication date: Dec 12, 2016 |
- Language: English |
- Format: Ebook