Programming WCF Services is the authoritative, bestselling guide to Microsoft's unified platform for developing modern service-oriented applications on Windows. Hailed as the definitive treatment of WCF, this book provides unique insight, rather than documentation, to help you learn the topics and skills you need for building WCF-based applications that are maintainable, extensible, and reusable.
Author Juval Löwy -- one of the world's top .NET experts -- revised this edition to include the newest productivity-enhancing features of .NET Framework 4 and the Azure AppFabric Service Bus, as well as the latest WCF ideas and techniques. By teaching you the why and the how of WCF programming, Programming WCF Services will help you master WCF and make you a better software engineer.
- Learn about WCF architecture and essential building blocks, including key concepts such as reliability and transport sessions
- Use built-in features such as service hosting, instance and concurrency management, transactions, disconnected queued calls, security, and discovery
- Master the Windows Azure AppFabric Service Bus, the most revolutionary piece of the new cloud computing initiative
- Increase your productivity and the quality of your WCF services by taking advantage of relevant design options, tips, and best practices in Löwy's ServiceModelEx framework
- Discover the rationale behind particular design decisions, and delve into rarely understood aspects of WCF development
"If you choose to learn WCF, you've chosen well. If you choose to learn with the resource and guidance of Juval Löwy, you've done even better... there are few people alive today who know WCF as well."
--Ron Jacobs, Senior Technical Evangelist for WCF, Microsoft Corporation
- ISBN: 9781449399603 |
- Hardcover: 910 pages |
- Publisher: O'Reilly Media |
- Publication date: Aug 13, 2010 |
- Language: English |
- Format: Ebook