The commercial PVF film Tedlar® was first trademarked by DuPont 50 years ago. Since that time it has established itself as a polymer with excellent resistance to sunlight degradation (UV resistance), thermal stability, chemical attack, water absorption, and solvents. These properties, together with a high solar energy transmittance rate, have led to it becoming established worldwide as the number one choice for the backsheets of photovoltaic solar panels, and a fire-retardent coating used in aircraft.
This book is the first and only handbook that describes polyvinyl fluoride preparation, technology, processing, fabrication and applications – making it essential reading for engineers and scientists working in industry sectors where PVF is utilized.
- Complete guide to the applications of polyvinyl fluoride in photovoltaics, aerospace, signage, etc.
- Technology guide for processing and fabrication of PVF films
- Reference for properties and characteristics of PVF films
- The only book available that focuses on PVF - properties, processing and applications
- ISBN: 9781455778935 |
- Hardcover: 400 pages |
- Publisher: Elsevier Science |
- Publication date: Dec 31, 2012 |
- Language: English |
- Format: Ebook