Take your application to the next level of high performance using the extensive capabilities of Node.js
About This Book
- Analyze, benchmark, and profile your Node.js application to find slow spots, and push it to the limit by eliminating performance bottlenecks
- Learn the basis of performance analysis using Node.js
- Explore the high performance capabilities of Node.js, along with best practices
This book will provide you with the skills you need to analyze the performance of your application and monitor the aspects that can and should be. Starting with performance analysis concepts and their importance in helping Node.js developers eliminate performance bottlenecks, this book will take you through development patterns to avoid performance penalties. You will learn the importance of garbage collection and its behaviour,and discover how to profile your processor, allowing better performance and scalability.
You will then learn about the different types of data storage methods. Moving on, you will get to grips with testing and benchmarking applications to avoid unknown application test zones. Lastly, you will explore the limits that external components can impose in your application in the form of bottlenecks.
By following the examples in each chapter, you will discover tips to getting better performing applications by avoiding anti-patterns and stretching the limits of your environment as much as possible.
What You Will Learn
- Develop applications using well-defined and well-tested development patterns
- Explore memory management and garbage collection to improve performance
- Monitor memory changes and analyze heap snapshots
- Profile the CPU and improve your code to avoid patterns that force intensive processor usage
- Understand the importance of data and when you should cache information.
- Learn to always test your code and benchmark when needed
- Extend your application’s scope and know what other elements can influence performance
Who This Book Is For
This book is for Node.js developers who want a more in-depth knowledge of the platform to improve the performance of their applications. Whether you have a base Node.js background or you are an expert who knows the garbage collector and wants to leverage it to make applications more robust, the examples in this book will benefit you.
Style and approach
This is a practical guide to learning high performance, which even the least experienced developer will comprehend. Small and simple examples help you test concepts yourself and easily adapt them to any application, boosting its performance and preparing it for the real-world.
- ISBN: 9781785280627 |
- Hardcover: 136 pages |
- Publisher: Packt Publishing |
- Publication date: Aug 19, 2015 |
- Language: English |
- Format: Ebook