Lead Compounds from Medicinal Plants for the Treatment of Neurodegenerative Diseases is the second volume in the series, Pharmaceutical Leads from Medicinal Plants. This book includes key pharmacological and chemical evidence to support the selection of promising pre-clinical candidates for the treatment of neurodegenerative diseases.
This important addition to the natural product and drug discovery literature contains the history, synonyms, medicinal uses, phytopharmacology, pre-clinical potential, and rationale for each plant selected. By providing critical evaluation of pharmacological data, mechanisms of action, and structural requirements for the development of future neuroprotective agents, this comprehensive reference is a beneficial resource for industry and academic scientists whose research focuses on neurodegenerative drug discovery and development.
- Incorporates compelling biological activity data and preclinical structure-activity relationships to help you choose promising lead molecules for further research
- Includes primary source references to the most recent natural product discoveries in the field of neuroprotection in order to promote new drug discovery in this area
- Contains detailed discussions of important neurodegenerative diseases, including Alzheimer's disease and Parkinson's disease
- Each plant section includes a critical evaluation of pharmacological, chemical, and toxicological evidence to support the use of the compound in drug discovery research in neurodegeneration
- ISBN: 9780123983831 |
- Hardcover: 416 pages |
- Publisher: Elsevier Science |
- Publication date: Dec 16, 2013 |
- Language: English |
- Format: Ebook