IT Manager’s Handbook: The Business Edition is a MUST-HAVE guide for the advancing technology professional who is looking to move up into a supervisory role, and is ideal for newly-promoted IT managers who needs to quickly understand their positions. It uses IT–related examples to discuss business topics and recognizes the ever-changing and growing demands of IT in today’s world as well as how these demands impact those who work in the field. Specific attention is paid to the latest issues, including the challenges of dealing with a mobile and virtual workforce, managing Gen-X/Yers, and running an IT organization in a troubled economy. Rich with external references and written in-easy-to-read sections, IT Manager’s Handbook: The Business Edition is the definitive manual to managing an IT department in today’s corporate environment.
- Focuses on Web 2.0 ideas and how they impact and play into today's organizations, so you can keep up on social networking, YouTube, web conferencing, instant messaging, Twitter, RSS Feeds, and other collaboration tools.
- Provides strategies on how to get employees to focus in the 24/7 data word.
- Discusses key IT topics in 'layman's terms' for business personnel who need to understand IT topics.
- ISBN: 9780123751119 |
- Hardcover: 392 pages |
- Publisher: Elsevier Science |
- Publication date: Nov 9, 2009 |
- Language: English |
- Format: Ebook