After an introductory chapter on the development of textured yarns, the book reviews yarn texturing machine designs and twist application methods, including air jet mingling and machine variants for draw textured speciality yarns. It also reviews common process performance and quality problems and how they can be resolved, as well process control, quality assurance and costs. The final chapters look at applications of false twist textured nylon, polyester and polypropylene yarns as well as the future of false twist texturing.
Based on the author’s extensive experience in the textile industry, False twist textured yarns is a standard reference on the key technologies and process issues involved in the manufacture of high-quality false twist textured yarns.
- Discusses the development of textured yarns, the basic principles of texturing and the process of false twist texturing
- Summarises the key principles, technologies and process issues in the manufacture of high-quality false twist textured yarns
- Chapters include texturing machine design, applications of textured yarns and the future opportunities for false twist texturing
- ISBN: 9780857095596 |
- Hardcover: 224 pages |
- Publisher: Elsevier Science |
- Publication date: Mar 15, 2012 |
- Language: English |
- Format: Ebook