Learning how to write clearly and concisely is an integral part of furthering your research career; however, doing so is not always easy. In this second edition, fully updated and revised, Dr. Silyn-Roberts explains in plain English the steps to writing abstracts, theses, journal papers, funding bids, literature reviews, and more. The book also examines preparing seminar and conference presentations. Written in a practical and easy to follow style specifically for postgraduate students in Engineering and Sciences, this book is essential in learning how to create powerful documents.
Writing for Science and Engineering will prove invaluable in all areas of research and writing due its clear, concise style. The practical advice contained within the pages alongside numerous examples to aid learning will make the preparation of documentation much easier for all students.
- Written in modular format, so you only need to access the relevant chapter
- Covers a wide range of document and presentation types
- Includes easy-to-understand rules to improve writing
- ISBN: 9780080982861 |
- Hardcover: 208 pages |
- Publisher: Elsevier Science |
- Publication date: Dec 17, 2012 |
- Language: English |
- Format: Ebook