Writing for Interaction focuses on the art of creating the information experience as it appears within software and web applications, specifically in the form of user interface text. It also provides strategies for ensuring a consistent, positive information experience across a variety of delivery mechanisms, such as online help and social media.
Throughout this book, you'll learn simple techniques for writing consistent text with the right tone, how to select content delivery mechanisms, and how straightforward, clear layouts help your customer interact with your application. Divided into five sections, the book completely covers the information experience design process from beginning to end. You'll cover everything from understanding your users and their needs, to creating personas, designing the IX strategy, creating your information, and evaluating the resulting information experience. This is your one-stop reference for information experience!
- Illuminates writing principles and practices for use in interactive design
- Includes examples, checklists, and sample processes, highlighting practical approaches to designing the information experience
- Provides the complete picture: understanding customer needs, creating personas, and writing the text appearing within the user interface
- ISBN: 9780123948441 |
- Hardcover: 292 pages |
- Publisher: Elsevier Science |
- Publication date: Feb 26, 2013 |
- Language: English |
- Format: Ebook