Workplace Security Playbook: The New Manager’s Guide to Security Risk is a set of comprehensive risk management guidelines for companies that have other business functions coordinating security. When an employee without a security background is charged with the protection of people, facilities, or assets, the Workplace Security Playbook can be his or her go-to resource for security procedures and recommendations.
Business risks are not static: They change and grow as a company changes and grows. New technology, increasing business competition, and social and cultural developments all contribute to new security risks and trends. With this in mind, the Workplace Security Playbook focuses on performance guidelines, rather than prescriptive standards. Using performance guidelines helps assess the individual, changing business and security needs that a manager may face.
The easily implementable recommendations included in this book are categorized by issues. In addition to security performance guidelines, topics include the elements of a facility security program, how to conduct security surveys and validation testing, steps for performing workplace investigations and inspections, and procedures for emergency and special security situations. An entire chapter is dedicated to describing the resources available to a new security manager, and another provides an outline for building a customized reference source of local security information.
The Workplace Security Playbook is a part of Elsevier’s Security Executive Council Risk Management Portfolio, a collection of real world solutions and "how-to" guidelines that equip executives, practitioners, and educators with proven information for successful security and risk management programs.
- Chapters are categorized by issues for easy reference, and include the fundamentals of a security program up to high-level procedures
- Guidelines are specifically designed for companies that have other business functions coordinating security
- Emphasizes performance guidelines (rather than standards) that describe the basic levels of performance that will strengthen business operations while accommodating what resources are currently available
- ISBN: 9780124172449 |
- Hardcover: 102 pages |
- Publisher: Elsevier Science |
- Publication date: Sep 3, 2013 |
- Language: English |
- Format: Ebook