Learn how to use Odoo, a resourceful, open source business application platform designed to transform and modernize your business
About This Book
- Configure, manage, and customize Odoo to fit the needs of your business
- Learn about the new Odoo 8 website builder and e-commerce features that are seamlessly integrated with Odoo's business applications
- Perform step-by-step configurations of the most important Odoo applications using real-world examples
Who This Book Is For
This book is perfect for people who have never used Odoo and for those who would like to learn about more advanced features such as creating your own custom modules. In order to get the most out of this book, you should be comfortable with downloading and installing software and understand basic business concepts such as sales, purchasing, inventory management, and basic accounting.
What You Will Learn
- Configure a functioning customer relationship management system
- Set up a purchasing and receiving system for your company that allows you to track inventory, costs, and profit
- Implement manufacturing operations and processes using real-world examples that you can put to use in your own company
- Discover the capabilities of Odoo's financial accounting and reporting features
- Integrate powerful human resource applications that simplify the collection and management of employee information
- Utilize Odoo's full featured project management application to organize tasks and track time and costs associated with billable projects
- Customize Odoo without writing a line a code
Odoo continues to gain momentum throughout the world in regards to providing the best platform for open source ERP installations. Now with Odoo 8, you have access to a powerful website builder, integrated e-commerce features, and a fast-growing community to help transform and modernize your business.
With this practical guide, you will cover the essential modules to get Odoo up and running for your company.
After installing Odoo, you will use its sales management application to enter quotes, create sales orders, and invoice customers. You will then learn how to integrate the CRM application to manage your leads and convert them into lucrative opportunities and sales. Next, you will set up your own purchase management system, assigning products to suppliers and tracking orders with the new warehouse management and routing system. Finally, you will learn how to use analytics to track project expenses and keep your accounts simple and easy to maintain and build an Odoo module to extend its functionality and make it work for you.
Working with Odoo covers all the core installation and usage functionalities of this popular tool, helping you to fully implement a working ERP system through practical, advanced, real-world examples.
Style and approach
This book is a practical guide that uses real-world examples to teach you how to implement Odoo into your business.
- ISBN: 9781784397920 |
- Hardcover: 432 pages |
- Publisher: Packt Publishing |
- Publication date: Aug 27, 2015 |
- Language: English |
- Format: Ebook