Women and Positive Aging: An International Perspective presents the noted research in the fields of psychology, gerontology, and gender studies, reflecting the increasingly popular and pervasive positive aging issues of women in today’s society from different cohorts, backgrounds, and life situations.
Each section describes a bridge between the theoretical aspects and practical applications of the theory that is consistent with the scientist-practitioner training model in psychology, including case studies and associated intervention strategies with older women in each chapter. In addition to incorporating current research on aging women’s issues, each section provides the reader with background about the topic to give context and perspective.
- Examines a comprehensive range of issues for aging women
- Details current research trends
- Encompasses a holistic model of women’s aging
- Ranges from physical and mental health in response to aging changes, to social relationships and sexuality
- Presents a "how to put research into practice" section in each chapter
- Focuses on topical issues that are relevant to women wanting to optimize their life outcomes as they live, on average, longer than ever before
- ISBN: 9780128004579 |
- Hardcover: 352 pages |
- Publisher: Elsevier Science |
- Publication date: Mar 3, 2016 |
- Language: English |
- Format: Ebook