Do you know how to use Windows PowerShell to navigate the filesystem and manage files and folders? Or how to retrieve a web page? This introduction to the PowerShell language and scripting environment provides more than 430 task-oriented recipes to help you solve the most complex and pressing problems, and includes more than 100 tried-and-tested scripts that intermediate to advanced system administrators can copy and use immediately.
You'll find hands-on tutorials on fundamentals, common tasks, and administrative jobs that you can apply whether you're on a client or server version of Windows. You also get quick references to technologies used in conjunction with PowerShell, including format specifiers and frequently referenced registry keys to selected .NET, COM, and WMI classes. With Windows PowerShell Cookbook, you’ll get more done in less time.
- Take a tour of PowerShell’s core features, including the command model, object-based pipeline, and ubiquitous scripting
- Learn PowerShell fundamentals such as the interactive shell and fundamental pipeline and object concepts
- Perform common tasks that involve working with files, Internet-connected scripts, user interaction, and more
- Solve tasks in systems and enterprise management, such as working with Active Directory, the filesystem, registry, event logs, processes, and services
- ISBN: 9781449399627 |
- Hardcover: 884 pages |
- Publisher: O'Reilly Media |
- Publication date: Aug 13, 2010 |
- Language: English |
- Format: Ebook